hyenas, terrifying and excellently organized predators of the savannah
also surprisingly docile and like neck scritches and have a tail chasing compulsion
if you don’t think hyenas are great then you’re objectively wrong
Aaaahhh, I love hyenas. :D
Hyenas: Always getting a bad rap because lions are jerks. Lions actually steal from hyenas most of the time because hyenas are the better predators — but they’re also very skittish when faced with a giant pride of cats. Adorable babies!
Okay, lemme tell you about spotted hyenas, aka the BAMFiest BAMFs in the animal kingdom.
- Their societies are entirely female-dominated. Female hyenas are larger and stronger than males and have higher social status in clan hierarchy - even the lowest-ranking female in a hyena clan is higher up the social ladder than the highest-ranking male. They’re basically the Amazons of the animal world. The females even have false penis-like appendages (which are essentially large clitorises), which led the ancient Greeks to think that hyenas were hermaphrodites. Because fuck your narrow human perceptions of sex and gender roles, that’s why.
- They are considered the dominant predators of the African savannah, despite not being the largest or strongest, because they are the most successful hunters. Their hunting success rate is estimated to be about 70-80%, meaning that they catch about 70-80% of prey they pursue - a freakishly high statistic (to compare, the success rate of lions and wolves is about 20-30%). They also scavenge much less than lions do, as whowasntthere said, and are incredibly adaptable and opportunistic predators, meaning that they are also the most common and widespread of the large African carnivores. That’s not too bad for an animal typecast as a lazy scavenger.
- Their jaws are some of the strongest in the animal kingdom, stronger than those of lions, tigers, wolves or perhaps bears, and can crush elephant and giraffe bones; hyenas are also able to digest all bone matter. Don’t tell me that’s not metal as fuck.
- Despite looking like dogs, they are not part of the dog family and are actually more closely related to cats. Because fuck your logic. Nature does what it wants.
- They are incredibly intelligent. They are easily as intelligent as primates and some scientists claim that their intelligence may even rival that of the great apes, which would make them among the most intelligent animals in the world. Hyenas even outperform chimpanzees on some tests, which is pretty damn awesome, considering that chimpanzees are our closest relatives and all.
So yeah, basically hyenas are awesome and badass as well as truly fascinating animals and if you don’t have at least a bit of respect for them you’re wrong.
gah i was thinking on doing a tutorial on this theme cuz it’s not as covered, and right there appears an amazing guide. this is why i don’t bother with any tutorials »
A simple PSA, lest your tail-sporting character look like they’re walking around with a really long poop hanging out of their pants.
The second one is actually anatomically correct. You’d have to either have a second spinal extremity, de-attach the spine from the sacrum, or somehow get rid of the entire sacrum—which is a large chunk of the pelvis and one of the last bones in the spine. It’s the bone that supports the spine and attaches it to the pelvis. Without it, you destabilize the entire skeleton. It’s that hard place nestled between our booty cheeks that always makes us uncomfortable on hard seating.
The tail would logically extend from the sacrum—that’s where the coccyx protrudes from. The tiny tail piece left over from our ancestors. That’s where the tail protrudes from on non-humans, and yeah, that makes it a “butthole tail.”
Sorry to add the commentary but I study anatomy and it’s hard to overlook stuff like this. I feel that misinformation should be stopped whenever possible.
turn it down senpai
kiss kiss fall and drown
(seductively licks lips)
(grabs your wrist)
(furiously hits you with your own hand)
WHY ARE YOU HITTING YOURSELF WHY ARE YOU HITTING YOURSELF WHY ARE YOU HITTING YOURSELF WHY AR
Transbeaners : Beans in disguise
Ratcbean likes to sit on his tiny couch while he does his work, standing up for too long is not good for you.
Three White Hares - Jackie Morris
Three white hares are chasing one another in an everlasting circle. They share between them only three ears which form a triangle in the centre of the design, yet each animal has two ears. The hares seem to have traveled in distance and time, adapting to different religions and taking on new meanings where they settled